Sunday, January 27

Trying Out A New Set!



I saw this set in the catalogue and figured that it was time that I starting making more Valentine Cards. I haven't really celebrated Valentine's Day for the past few years as it was the day that my Mom passed away five years ago this year. I think that she passed away on that day because she was so loved. I really miss her.

I had a bit of a problem figuring out how to put this card together but I think that it came together well. I am pleased with how it turned out. I always have so much trouble trying to figure out where to place the ribbon. I think that ribbon really sets off cards and gives them that little extra that they so often need.

For the backgrond on the heart embossing folder I tried a new technique that I read about on SCS. You sponge ink on the inside of one side of the embossing folder before you put it in the cuttlebug. I like how it turned out and will definately be using it again.

What do you think??

Recipe:

Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Ink: Black stazon, and real red
Accessories: cuttlebug, heart embossing folder, nestabilities, crystal effects, brads, ribbon, punch, primsacolor pencils, taltine, stumps, two way tape.

Have a great day.

It feels so cold here today. The last time I checked it was -16 celsius. At least the sun is shining and it is not showing. I have enough shovelling for this weekend.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Karen!! OOO...LOVE this card! I want that set ;0) I love how you sponged that heart background!! Looks awesome. Thanks for commenting on my TK in the gallery. Your blog is great!

Debby Winters said...

What a great card Karen! I love it!
I am so glad you made a valentine card...your Mom is smiling down at you now!
OH! By the way...I have nominated you...http://debbysstamproom.blogspot.com/2008/02/you-make-my-day.html

Jean said...

Great bg on your card I saw this too but haven't tried it yet. Love how yours turned out, very cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails